Yesterday evening, during its unpacked event, Samsung presented the new Samsung Galaxy S22 and Tab 8 series. Eager to discover what’s new? Let us get you up to speed!
Samsung Galaxy S22
The Galaxy S22 is one of three S22 models that Samsung will release in the first half of 2022. The device succeeds the Samsung Galaxy S21 and is a smaller and cheaper variant of the Galaxy S22 Plus and Galaxy S22 Ultra. Find out what’s new below.
- In terms of display size, the standard Galaxy S22 is smaller than the S21. The Samsung Galaxy S22 has a 6,1-inch screen, compared to the 6,2-inch display of the S21and features a LTPO display, meaning the device is able to scale the refresh rate on its display from 120Hz down to 1Hz.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 inherits a lot of the design stylings of the S21. The same style of wraparound camera bump is found on the S22, with the same hole-punch display on the front.
- The regular Galaxy S22 has a respectively smaller battery than its predecessor, 3.700 mAh. You can charge the S22 at 25 watts with a wire, 15 watts wirelessly.
- After having kept the camera options stagnant for the Galaxy S20 and S21, it seemed time for an upgrade. The Samsung Galaxy S22 features a 50MP main sensor, a 12MP wide-angle lens and a 10MP telephoto lens. The latter would be good for 3x optical zoom.
- The Galaxy S22 and S22+ are Samsung’s first S phones with a more durable “Armor Aluminum” frame, and they’re the first anywhere to use Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ to reduce drop damage. The backing is still plastic, but 20 percent of the “component, key bracket” is made from recycled materials.
The Samsung S22 comes with 5G connectivity and uses 8GB RAM and 256GB of storage. The devices are available in panthom blac, panthom white, pink gold and green. The price remains the same as the S21 series with a recommended retail price of €849 and can be ordered as of the 11th of March.
Samsung Galaxy S22+
The Samsung Galaxy S22+ is the middel model of the Galaxy S22 series, bringing together the best of both worlds. Discover what’s new below.
- The Galaxy S22 Plus has a 6.6-inch screen, compared to 6.7-inches of the previous model, and features a LTPO screen and the same brighter display technology as the S22 Ultra.
- Just as the regular S22, the S22+ has a 50 MP wide, 12 MP ultrawide and a 10 MP telephoto lens.
- The battery of the Samsung Galaxy S22+ is smaller than the one of its predecessors, 4,500mAh, but supports 45W wired charging.
- The device, coming with 5G connectivity and supporting Wi-Fi 6E, is the first S phone to be equipped with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ and it’s back is made of recycled plastic, making the smartphone far more sustainable than its predecessor.
The Samsung S22+ uses 8GB RAM and 256GB of storage and is available in panthom black, panthom white, pink gold, green. The device starts at €1.049 and is available as of the 11th of March.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
The Galaxy S22 Ultra is Samsung’s flagship smartphone. This smartphone got a completely new design with integrated S Pen, making it the replacement for both the Galaxy S21 Ultra and the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Read on to discover what else is new.
- As the successor to the Galaxy Note, the Samsung S22 Ultra has a wider display, squared off design and an integrated S Pen holder.
- The Samsung Galaxy S22 has the same screen diameter as its predecessor, 6,8-inch, and is equipped with a LTPO display, meaning it has refresh rate that can vary between 1 and 120 Hz. In the screen you’ll also find a fingerprint sensor.
- Next to its 108MP main camera and 10x optical zoom, the Samsung S22 Ultra has several new camera features including the ability for the camera to zoom in and out while recording video to ensure everyone is in the shot, making it the phone to watch when it comes to photography.
- All this is driven by the in-house Exynos 2200 processor, expected to increase the graphics power enormously.
- As for charging performance, the Galaxy S22 comes with 45-watt charging support or 15 watts if you prefer wireless charging.
- With the Gorilla Glass Victus Plus and Samsung’s Armor Aluminum frame, the Samsung S22 Ultra is one of the toughest flagship phones around.
- The device comes with 5G connectivity and supports Wi-Fi 6E.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is available in Burundy, Panthom Black, Panthom White and Green, and comes in 128GB, 256GB and 512 GB, paired with either 8GB or 12GB of RAM. As of the 25th of February, the device can be ordered through our online store for a starting price of €1.249.
Galaxy Tab S8 series
The new Galaxy Tab S8, S8+ and S8 Ultra, the most powerful 5G Samsung tablet ever for immersive gaming, entertainment and work. Read on and discover what Samsung’s new tablets have in store for you(r) (business):
- Those who find the screen of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra not big enough, can pick one of Samsung’s new tablets. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra is the largest of the trio with a screen as large as 14.6-inches.
- Again, you get 120 Hz of refresh rate, driven by a powerful processor, making the new Samsung tablets perfect for watching videos or making video calls.
- The tablets run on Android 12 and can be connected to a Samsung PC as a second screen, an attempt from Samsung to create a better multitasking experience.
- Each of the new Galaxy Tab S8 devices has the latest chips, optional 5G and the S Pen stylus included in the box.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 and Tab S8+ are on sale from €749 and €940, the Tab S8 Ultra has a recommended retail price of €1.149. Both devices can be ordered as of the 25th of February through our online store.