Apple has presented the latest iPhones during its annual fall event in Cupertino. The iPhone 13 has a better screen, larger battery, faster processor, and better cameras than its predecessor. As expected, the Apple Watch and iPad also got a make-over. An overview.
iPhone 13, your new superpower
While the iPhone SE, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Mini remain available, Apple announced the arrival of the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini. Find out what’s new and what appeals to us, the business users.
- With its brighter Super Retina XDR display the new iPhones are designed to deliver 28% brighter images.
- Apple has improved the 5G modem of the iPhone 13, doubling the support in 60 countries and regions for a faster and more stable internet connection. Come on Belgian government!
- The new A15 Bionic-chip delivers 50% more performance and power efficiency.
- Due to this power efficiency, the battery life of the iPhone 13 (Mini) has been significantly improved. The iPhone 13 Mini lasts up to one and a half hours longer than its predecessor, the iPhone 13 lasts 2.5 hours longer.
- The entry-level model has a capacity of 128GB – double as the same iPhone 12 model.
The Iphone 13 mini starts at € 668,60, the iPhone 13 at € 751,24. Prices are excl. VAT. Both models come in 5 colours and can be pre-ordered as of friday the 17th of September and will be shipped as of Friday the 24th of September and can be ordered on our store as of the 17th of September.
iPhone 13 Pro: Oh. So. Pro.
The iPhone 13 Pro, Apple’s high-end iPhone of 2021, is the successor of the iPhone 12 Pro and is available in two sizes. Here’s what’s new!
- As with the iPhone 13, the new iPhone 13 Pro (Max) is designed to deliver crystal clear images.
- The same 5G-upgrade as on iPhone 13 will allow high speed downloads.
- New chip: A15 Bionic-chip.
- Longer battery life: The battery span of the iPhone 13 Pro (Max) has been significantly improved. The iPhone 13 Pro lasts up to one and a half hours longer than its predecessor, the iPhone 13 Pro Max 2.5 hours longer.
- Better camera: The eye-catcher of the iPhone 13 Pro (Max) is the rear camera set-up, consisting of three new cameras: the main, ultra-wide and wide camera. This set-up allows you to take better pictures in the dark, to autofocus and to make macro pictures.
- Upgraded storage: For the first time, the iPhone Pro 13 is also available with 1TB of storage capacity. The entry-level model contains – in contrast to the iPhone 12 – 128GB of storage capacity.
The iPhone 13 Pro starts at € 957,80, the iPhone 13 Pro Max starts at € 1.040, 50. Prices are excluding VAT. Both models come in 4 colours and go on pre-order on friday the 17th of September and will be available as of Friday the 24th of September. Ordering is possible on our online store as of the 17th of September.
iPad 9: Easy does it all
The new iPad 9 has a touch of iPad Pro and is still the cheapest iPad on the market. Discover what’s new!
- Design: The design of the iPad 9 is very similar to its predecessor – right angles, 10.2 inches and a home button with Touch ID.
- Camera: The front camera has been given a major upgrade over its predecessor. It now has a 12-MP camera with Center Stage, a feature that allows desired subjects to be tracked. The rear camera is suspected to be the same 8MP camera as the present version.
- New chip: The new iPad uses an A13 Bionic chipset, making it 20% faster than the previous model and 6% faster than the fastest Android tablet.
The regular iPad is the cheapest of the iPad family and is available from € 321,49 excl. VAT – the same price as the previous model and this for 2x more storage capacity for the entry-level model. The iPad 9, available in space grey and silver, can already be pre-ordered and will be available as of Friday the 24th of September.
iPad mini 6: mega power, mini sized
The iPad Mini 6 got a complete make-over, inspired by the iPad Air 4. Find out what’s new below!
- Design: The iPad mini 6 is completely redesigned, following the style of iPad Air and Pro. With its all screen design, the size of the screen has been increased to 8.3 inches, compared to 7.9 inches of its predecessor, without increasing the size of the iPad mini itself. The physical home button disappears, placing the sensor for the Touch ID in the power button at the top.
- Camera: The front and back camera have been given a big upgrade. On the back the iPad is equipped by a 8 megapixel sensor to not only shoot better pictures, but also to record videos in 4K. The selfie camera has gone from a 1.2 to a 12 megapixel camera.
- New chip: The new iPad uses an A15 Bionic chipset, making the iPad Mini 6 the fastest of its kind, up to 40% faster than the iPad Mini of the previous generation.
- Improved 5G support: With an improved 5G support, we can obtain peak download speeds of 3.5 Gbps in ideal conditions.
- USB-C port: Apple is equipping the iPad Mini 6 with a USB-C port, making charging, transferring files and connecting peripherals much faster and easier.
- Apple Pencil: The iPad Mini 6 will now use the magnetic Apple Pencil 2.
The iPad Mini 6 comes in five color options: space gray, silver, rose gold, green and sky blue. The starting price of the newest iPad mini 64GB is € 461,98 excl. VAT. The iPad Mini 6 can already be preordered and will be delivered as of Friday the 24th of September.
Watch 7: full screen ahead!
While Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple Watch SE remain available, Apple Watch series 7 and Apple Watch Nike were announced for release later this year. Discover what Apple Watch 7 has in store for you!
- Design: Contrary to many rumours and renderings, the Apple Watch series 7 keeps its rounded style. A whole new range of colours and bands will be available. Models in aluminium, stainless steel or titanium are available depending on your region.
- Borders: With the black borders being 40% thinner, we will gain a lot more screen estate. 20% more compared to Series 6 and 50% compared to Series 3.
- Display: The display is now up to 70% brighter allowing for a redesign of the on-screen buttons which will make it easier to use them because they will be bigger. Also, more lines of text from your iMessage or email are displayed, making it easier to read. It also allows for an on-screen keyboard which can be used in type or slide mode.
- Durability: The Apple Watch Series 7 is the most durable Apple Watch. It sports crack resistant glass, it is dust resistant (IP6X) and water resistant (WR50). Combined with improved all-day battery life of up to 18 hours, durability is key.
- Charging: Apple Watch series 7 will charge up to 33% faster thanks to a redesign charging system and charger. 8 minutes of charging provides 8 hours of sleep tracking.
- Blood Oxygen: With Apple Watch Series 7 blood oxygen levels can be monitored throughout the day.
The Apple Watch 7 will be available later this year. In aluminium we will have midnight, starlight, green, blue and (PRODUCT)RED.
New devices, new operating systems. Wondering what iOS 15 will have in store for your business? We’ve got you covered in our latest white paper, Apple for Business 2021 > Download now for free