Human Rights Policy
Objective and Scope
At mobco, we work to help organisations thrive, and stay secure, in a mobile world. Human rights are fundamental to our employees, customers, and business partner’s ability to thrive, and we embrace our responsibility and opportunity to respect and promote human rights across our business, as outlined in our Human Rights Policy.
mobco respects international human rights principles. We are committed to the principles outlined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.
Demonstrating our commitment, we endorse the United Nations Global Compact and the human rights and labour principles it includes.
mobco is also committed to a diverse workplace. Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, ethnicities, religions, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We are committed to fostering diversity, inclusion and engagement across all aspects of our business and to integrity and operating at the highest ethical standards.
Our approach regarding the respect and promotion of human rights covers our sphere of influence in our relationship with employees, customers, suppliers, business partners and contractors and is specified below.
We have internal policies and processes to promote the respect for labour rights and prevent discriminatory practices. These commitments are fundamentally:
- Diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities: To promote equal opportunities and prevent the discriminatory treatment of people in all areas of our organisation and of our value proposals, without prejudices associated to race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or family responsibilities. To promote equal salaries among similar positions in similar contexts. To reject all forms of harassment, threat, or intimidation – either verbal, physical, sexual, or psychological – in the workplace.
- We ensure all employees are paid adequately to maintain a standard of living: At all times mobco ensures that it pays employees higher than the minimum wages prescribed by governments, in the various countries it operates globally.
- Health and Safety: To provide a safe and healthy workplace in all our geographies through the adoption of occupational health and safety procedures and regulations. To provide mechanisms for reconciling personal and professional lives and the right to rest. To promote the communication and reinforcement of a culture of security, developing awareness of the risk, and encouraging responsible behaviour by our employees.
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining: To guarantee trade-union freedom, freedom of association, the right to industrial action, and the right to collective bargaining regardless of the area where we develop our operations.
- Forced labour and slavery: To prohibit and reject any form of forced labour, slavery, or human trafficking within our business.
- Child labour: To respect the rights of children. To prohibit and reject the use of child labour in our operations, verifying that, in our hiring processes, all employees are above the local legal minimum working age.
All employees are responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy. Employees are encouraged to raise any concerns with their manager or a member of the People Experience team.
Customers, suppliers, business partners and contractors
mobco specifies that customers, suppliers, business partners and contractors must support internationally recognised human rights and comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding health and safety in the workplace, the eradication of human trafficking and slavery and the elimination of child labour. In addition, we expect them to support fair labour practices, including the freedom to associate and to provide a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. mobco commits to:
- Privacy: To ensure the proper processing of personal data with the goal of respecting the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals, and specifically, the fundamental right to the protection of personal data.
- Security: To provide secure and reliable infrastructure and services, and to ensure the protection of the data, preventing its loss, modification, misuse, or unauthorised access.
- No-discrimination: Prevent the discriminatory treatment in relation to our customers, business partners and contractors without prejudices associated to race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, marital status, age, disability, or family responsibilities.
Furthermore, we will regularly monitor our human rights commitments to ensure that we are continuously promoting human rights within the communities in which we operate.