Last night, Samsung announced the new Galaxy S23 and Galaxy Book3 series during its first Unpacked event of the year. Curious what upgrades the tech giant has in store for your enterprise? In this blog post, we will tell you all that you need to know. From pricing to colours and specifications to availability.
Galaxy S23 & S23 Plus
The Samsung Galaxy S23 and S23 Plus make up the two base models of the S23 series. Powered by the fastest chip on the market, the S23 and S23+ are here to give your modern workplace a boost. An overview of what’s new.
- The Galaxy S23 and S23 plus have an all-new design. The devices have a metal bezel containing the power button and volume controls. The back is made of glass with a matte finish. The most substantial difference compared to its predecessors is the camera island on the back of both phones. The S23 and S23 Plus feature three separate camera modules. Previously, the cameras were placed in one large module in the left corner.
- The camera module of both devices houses a 50 MP main camera, a 12 MP wide-angle lens and a 10 MP telephoto lens with three times optical zoom.
- The biggest difference between the S23 and S23 plus is the size of the devices. The S23 features a 6.1-inch Full HD+ AMOLED panel with a variable refresh rate of 120Hz. The S23 Plus has a larger 6.6-inch screen with similar functions.
- Brightness has been improved over the S22 range. The Galaxy S23 and S23 Plus now have a peak brightness of 1750 nits, making it easier to read the displays in bright sunlight. The screens on the smartphones are also protected from drops and scratches by the layer of Gorilla Glass Victus 2.
- The S23 models feature a Qualcomm chip, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, the fastest chip you can find in an Android smartphone right now.
- The battery of the S23 Plus with its 4700mAh capacity, is also larger than the 3900 mAh battery found in the S23. The S23+ supports 45-watt charging and can top up to 65 per cent in 30 minutes. The S22 only supports up to 25-watt charging and adds 50 per cent per half an hour.
The Samsung S23 and S23 plus are available in black, cream, green and lavender. Both models come with different storage options. The S23, available in 128GB and 256GB, starts at €749,71 (VAT Excl.). The S23 Plus, available in 256GB and 512B as of today, starts at €947,21 (VAT Excl.). Both models can be ordered as of today.
Galaxy S23 Ultra
The flagship of the S23 series is the Galaxy S23 Ultra. The device may be similar to its predecessor in many ways, yet the parts that have been revamped are a big improvement over the previous generation of Galaxy S smartphones. An overview of what’s new.
- The biggest innovation compared to the S22 Ultra is the S23 Ultra’s 200 MP main camera. Thanks to the high resolution, Samsung claims that the sensor should be able to capture more details and create a natural bokeh effect. With the S23 Ultra, Samsung also puts an extra effort into nightography and astrophoto. Finally, the S23 Ultra houses two zoom lenses, giving you up to 10 times optical zoom.
- The Samsung S23 Ultra features a large 6.8-inch QHD+ AMOLED panel with a variable – LTPO – refresh rate of 120 Hz. The refresh rate adjusts based on the content displayed on the screen, which helps you save tons of battery life.
- With 2,200 nits, the screen is the brightest smartphone screen you can buy nowadays. Besides, the screen is protected by a layer of Gorilla Glass Victus 2.
- The S23 Ultra is very similar to its predecessor. With its angular design, the smartphone still looks a lot like the Note phones. Besides, it also features the built-in S-Pen – a stylus that can be used to make quick notes, as a presenter for your PowerPoint presentation or to take pictures remotely.
- The capacity of the battery hasn’t increased. With its 5000 mAh, you can still charge up to 45W.
- The Galaxy S23 Ultra comes with the IP68 certification, making them dust and waterproof.
The S23 Ultra comes with 8GB or 12 GB of working memory and is available in 256GB, 512GB, 1TB of storage. Just as the S23 and S23 Plus, the S23 Ultra is available in black, cream, lavender, and green. The S23 Ultra starts at €1105,21 (VAT Exclusive) and is available as of today.
Galaxy Book3 Pro (360)
The entry-level model of the Galaxy Book3 series takes the name of Pro and is designed to meet the needs of everyday use. An overview of what’s new for business.
- The Book3 Pro laptops come in 14” and 16” and are powered by an Intel Core 13th Processor. The one meaningful difference in features between sizes is that the 16-inch model has enough room to squeeze in a numeric keypad on the keyboard, while the 14-inch Galaxy Book3 Pro does not. The Pro 360 series only comes with a 16″ touchscreen and has a foldable ‘2-in-1’ design.
- The Book 3 Pro and Pro 360 are both powered by Intel’s 13th Gen Core processors and equipped with a Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Both models support charging via USB-C, with a charging power of up to 65W.
- The laptops feature two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support and one USB-A port. The laptops also offer Wi-Fi 6E support, Bluetooth 5.1 and a 1080p webcam.
- Just like the Galaxy Book3 Ultra, the Book3 Pro and Pro 360 features Link to Windows / Microsoft PhoneLink software, enabling your staff to work across devices.
Both models are available in beige and graphite. The cheapest Pro 14″ variant gets a recommended retail price of €1500,21 (VAT Excl.). For that price, Samsung delivers a variant with Core i7 CPU, 16GB memory and 512GB storage. The Book3 Pro 360 series will be available from €1658,21 (VAT Excl.). Both devices can be pre-ordered as of today and will be delivered starting February 17th.
Galaxy Book3 Ultra
The Galaxy Book3 Ultra is Samsung’s most powerful device yet, aimed at business users that need a lot of performance. Here’s everything you need to know.
- The Galaxy Book3 Ultra gets the 13th-generation Intel Core i7 processor and Nvidia RTX Geforce 4050 graphics card, making it the most powerful Samsung laptop you can buy at this point in time.
- Like the Galaxy Book3 Pro, the Galaxy Book3 Ultra has a Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display with a 3K resolution (2880×1800) and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. The SGS Eye Care Display label guarantees blue light limitation, making the laptop much more suitable for long working days.
- Samsung’s newest flagship notebook houses a quad speaker system that produces clear, treble, and rich bass sound. The dual microphones offer noise-cancelling to improve the quality of audio calls – a must in today’s hybrid workplace.
- The device also features Link to Windows / Microsoft PhoneLink software, allowing you to switch smoothly between your smartphone and computer. Automatically connecting to hotspots, copying, and pasting data across devices, and much more. That’s working across devices made easy!
- Other Galaxy Book3 ultra specs include a 76 W battery with 100 W USB-PD charging support, Bluetooth 5.1, Wi-Fi 6E, a 1080p webcam, four AKG-tuned speakers, and a power button that doubles as a fingerprint sensor. The notebook also houses two Thunderbolt 4.0 ports, two USB Type-A ports, an HDMI port and an SD card reader.
The top model, available in 16″, comes with 16GB of Lpddr5 memory, up to 1TB of SSD storage and an expansion slot for an additional SSD. The Galaxy Book3 Ultra is available for pre-order as of today for €2211,21 (VAT Excl.) and will be delivered starting February 17th.