In our iOS Masterclass at Apple on Friday the 13th and our business event of October 17th, we explained and demonstrated the features we believe are important for enterprises, important for you.
Thank you all for your active participation in these events!
In this blogpost a short recap of the highlights that will save you at least 5 minutes a day!
- Photo search function in iOS allows you to find scenes and objects in the pictures you took. Try a keyword like ‘cake’ or ‘bike’, you’ll be amazed how well your iPhone or iPad understands your command!
Did you know the native camera app also understand QR codes? No app to be used, just show the QR code to your device!
- Files is the app that combines all storage providers on your device, including your on-premise ones. Thanks to our Enterprise Files we can put your file server in that list as well. So you can open just any corporate document straight from Microsoft Word, easy.
- The Dock, a feature that allows fast app switching also provides you the capability to open a second ‘floating’ app and multi-task. Force touch the app in the dock and see more options. Remember that the most right hand app in the Dock is the most recent one you have been using on other iOS devices.
- You already know the trick to take a screenshot, power and home button at the same time, now with iOS 11 you can immediately edit the picture and send it via email.
- In iOS 11 there is now “screenrecording” aka ReplayKit. This brings support for end-user on the next level as users now can share their screen with remote people, simple and efficient! Contact our mobco support in case of trouble, or just for testing out the new TeamViewer for iOS experience!
- AR kit gives your new device Augmented Reality features, check the website madewithARkit.com for inspirational examples! Know that also your Notes app benefits from this feature when it scans documents for you.
- With Storage optimisation you can literally win gigabytes of storage with loosing crucial data, check your iPhone Settings how much you could save!
- The embedded ESIM in the latest products provide access to local operators. Visiting countries outside the EU roaming coverage? Just go into settings and activate a one month subscription!
- DEP, the Apple Device Enrollment Program, allows IT to automatically activate devices AND enrol these in their EMM solution. The new DEP program now allows you to enrol devices you have purchased in retail or previously released from the program. A new feature that is warmly welcomed by IT teams suffering from non controlled purchases.
- Apple TV is probably the next device you will be putting in every meeting room, managed by MDM. Digital signage made easy AND just any screen via AirPlay on the meeting room display.
- The collaboration between Cisco and Apple is now very tangible with new security features that will dramatically reduce incidents. The Umbrella service makes life for phishing hackers very hard, but it keeps us safe without impacting our user experience!
FastLane is another example of this collaboration where Wifi signals are optimised for real time communication or important apps, something that requires both networking and device configurations.
Contact us for a workshop to find out how can further improve the efficiency of your team and company!