MacBook M1 Pro & M1 Max, macOS Monterey & AirPods 3: Everything you need to know
Apple’s new Mac(Book)s and AirPods debuted during its October event, showing a tweaked design and a variety of new features for those upgrading from the earlier models. Eager what Apple’s new hardware has in store for your business? Let us get you up to speed!
MacBook Pro, Supercharged For Pros
The MacBook Pro doesn’t need an introduction as it has been an important part of the Mac lineup for years. Discover what’s new below!
- The new 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros are powered by the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips that feature eight high-performance cores and two high-efficiency cores available in either 16 or 32 GPU core variations. The new chip can now support up to 64GB of RAM, making it powerful enough to meet the demands of graphic designers and creators.
- SSD storage performance has doubled with read speeds up to 7.4 GB/s.
- The mini-LED display technology, first used in the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, has found its way to the new generation of MacBook Pros. With higher contrast ratios and deeper blacks, the display quality of the new MacBooks significantly increases.
- Multiple connectivity options, such as MagSafe 3 for charging, HDMI and SD Card outlets and three Thunderbolt 4 ports for connecting external monitors, have made their return.
- The new MacBook Pros have ditched the touch bar in favor of a traditional row of function keys and touch ID.
- Not only some important key features, also the design significantly differs from its predecessor. With flat edges, the new MacBook Pro is very similar to the iPad Pro and the iPhone 13. Plus, there is a notch at the top of the screen, housing the improved 1080p camera.
- The battery life of the new MacBook Pros has significantly increased with up to 10 additional hours of screen time. And if this wasn’t enough, Apple brings fast charging to the MacBook Pro, making it possible to charge your notebook up to 50% in only 30 minutes.
- The 14 inch model starts at €1776,71 (Excl. VAT), the 16 inch model at €1901,71 (Excl. VAT). Both notebooks can be pre-ordered as of today and will be available next week. Next to the MacBook Pro 14” and 16”, the MacBook Pro 13” M1 from the current generation remains available.
- The new MacBook Pros will be operating on and shipped with macOS Monterey. More information on this software update can be found below.
macOS Monterey, High Power Meets "Hi everyone"
macOS Monterey brings several new features that might be of interest to your business. Let us get you up to speed!
- Apple is blurring the lines between Mac and iPad with the introduction of universal control, letting you use a single mouse and keyboard to control both devices.
- Shortcuts, already available on iPad, has found its way to Mac. With the Shortcut app you can build new shortcuts, access existing shortcuts, and much more.
- With the introduction of spatial audio, portrait mode in calls, voice isolation and the grid view feature, FaceTime is receiving a big upgrade, making collaboration easier and more efficient than ever.
- With macOS Monterey, AirPlay lets your Mac be an AirPlay destination, allowing you to quickly play content from your iPhone on your Mac’s display.
- Safari also received a major redesign with macOS 12 Monterey. A streamlined tab bar, tab groups, private relay and much more has made its entrance.
- macOS Monterey runs on the following devices: iMac late 2015 and later, iMac Pro 2017 and later, MacBook Air early 2015 and later, MacBook Pro early 2015 and later, MacBook Pro late 2013 and later, Mac mini late 2014 and later, MacBok early 2016 and later.
Eager to get started with macOS Monterey? We are happy to lend you a hand in our latest whitepaper, Apple for Enterprise 2021. Download it now for free.
AirPods 3: It's Magic, Remastered
The AirPods 3 mark the first update to the product since March 2019, adding a new design and features. Discover now what’s new!
- In its search for a universal fit, Apple has released the third generation of AirPods, a generation that looks a lot like the AirPods Pro, but without ear tips and with a shorter stem that houses touch-sensitive sensors, giving you more control over your phone calls and music.
- The new third generation Apple AirPods are sweat and water resistant.
- Although the number of new key features is limited, the battery improvements do stand out. Not only did Apple increase the battery life to 30 hours – 6 hours more compared to the second generation of earbuds, fast charging, MagSafe and wireless charging are making their entry. 5 minutes of charging now results in 1 hour of listening time.
- The new AirPods sound better than the previous generation by introducing spatial audio, Dolby Atmos and adaptive EQ – a big upgrade when holding remote meetings.
- The third generation of AirPods has a suggested retail price of €157,21 (Excl. VAT) and is available for pre-order as of today. The first earbuds will be shipped as of the 26th of October.
Try the new MacBook Pro for free!
Are you eager to discover the new MacBook Pro and does a 30 days trial period without any obligation to buy seem like the way to go? mobco launches Apple Try & Buy, the ideal way to get acquainted with the use and benefits of the new MacBook Pro. Request your test product today by filling in the contact form below!