Earlier this week, Apple has launched a completely updated entry-level iPad, as well as new Pro models. With the new iPad and iPad Pro, Apple brings next-generation performance and advanced capabilities to help accelerate business productivity anytime, anywhere. An overview of what’s new.
iPad 2022: Lovable. Drawable. Magical.
By launching the tenth generation iPad, Apple is introducing a completely updated entry-level model for the first time in five years. In doing so, the tech giant brings the regular iPad more in line with other iPad models. An overview of what’s new.
- With the iPad 2022, Apple has said goodbye to the home button. The fingerprint scanner is still there, but the tech giant has integrated it – as with the iPad Air and iPad mini – into the power button. The headphone jack has also been removed.
- The iPad Pro, iPad Air and iPad Mini already had USB-C, but now the entry-level iPad has also swapped the Lightning port for the universal connector. That’s faster charging, quicker data exchange and increased accessory connectivity!
- The redesigned iPad has the powerful A14 bionic chip – also found in the iPhone 12 series – to seamlessly run apps and multitask with ease.
- Collaborating was never easier with the immersive 10.9” Liquid Retina display with a resolution of 2360×1640 pixels and all-screen design.
- With the new landscape 12PM Ultra-Wide front camera, Apple ensures that you stay perfectly in frame during video calls. The 12PM camera at the back then, allows users to record 4K videos and supports slow-motion video in 240fps.
- To enable working from anywhere, anytime Apple introduces 5G (cellular model) and Wi-Fi 6 support.
- The new iPad has no magnetic wireless charger on the side to connect to the second-generation Apple Pencil. Only the first-generation Apple Pencil, which normally needs to be plugged into a Lightning port to charge, is supported. The iPad now has a USB-C port, meaning that the Apple Pencil can no longer be charged directly via the iPad. Entry-level iPad users who want to use the Apple Pencil will need to charge the accessory using a USB-C cable and a separate adapter.
- Together with the iPad 10th Generation, Apple launched the Magic Keyboard Folio, all-new accessory that features a kickstand, trackpad, keyboard with 1mm of travel, and a function key row. By introducing this new cover, Apple brings the full-size keys, travel, and responsive feel of the Magic Keyboard to the entry-level iPad for the first time.
The new iPad 2022, starting at €465,31, can be pre-ordered as of today and will be shipped starting October 26. The device, available in blue, pink, silver and yellow, comes in Wi-Fi and Cellular versions.
iPad Pro: M2 chip. Next-generation performance.
Apple has announced an update for its iPad Pro that brings the powerful Apple M2 chip from the MacBook Air (M2, 2022) to the tablet. Curious to see what else is new? An overview.
- The new iPad Pro is powered by Apple’s M2 chip – the same processor as the MacBook Air 2022 and the 13-inch MacBook Pro 2022 – ensuring outstanding performance and all-day battery life for even the most demanding tasks.
- Like previous generations, the tablet is available in 11” and 12.9” variants.
- With its brilliant Liquid Retina XDR display and immersive all-screen design, the new iPad pro ensures stunning image quality for pro grade content.
- Besides, Apple introduces a 12MP Ultra-Wide front camera with Center Stage for more engaging video conferencing and a 10 MP Ultra-Wide back camera and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR.
- Like the previous iPad Pro tablets, the new models support the Apple Pencil. Both tablets can now detect when this pen hovers above the screen.
- Finally, the tablets offer support for WiFi 6E, 5G, and Bluetooth 5.3, enabling your workforce in today’s working from anywhere world.
The new iPad Pros will be available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB models with 8GB of working memory, or 1TB and 2TB models with 16GB of memory. The new model starts at €844,51 for the 11″ version and €1160,51 for the 12.9″ version. Both devices are available for pre-order and will be shipped as of October 26.
Normally, iPadOS is released at the same time as iOS. However, this is the first time that the updates for iOS and iPadOS have been released on different dates. With iOS 16 already being available for over a month, Apple has confirmed that iPadOS 16 will be available for download as of October 24, 2022. The update will be released at the same time as macOS Ventura, which is not surprising as the latest iPadOS and macOS versions share many similarities, such as the new multitasking feature, Stage Manager.